Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mesh Wreath Using Jute Mesh

Mesh Wreath Material: Jute Mesh

I was gathering materials for a summer mesh wreath for my front door, when I came across this roll of widely spaced mesh at a local store. Instead of looking like plastic, this looks like strings coated with paper.  I decided to try it even though it was more expensive than the other deco-mesh rolls.
***I just changed the title to this post like a month after posting. I found out that what I was calling paper mesh is actually Jute Mesh.***
Paper Mesh
Paper Mesh Wreath
Wreath Recipe:
  • I used blue and white striped metallic mesh
  • papery-like "jute" mesh
  • a roll of hot pink glitter tree garland
  • pink, blue, & black ribbon.
  • one spiral ornament folded in half to resemble the ribbon from the bow 
  • mounted on a 30" wire form
  • the finished size is 36"+- across.
 I really didn't know how to use the paper mesh at first. I had to redo my original design because it looked awkward.  I made two rows around with the stripes and put the paper mesh in between the two rows. This paper mesh is super messy; It left pieces of paper flakes everywhere. I don't think paper mesh is something I would buy more of for myself. 4 weeks later and I'm still finding blue flakes, but I will say the mesh wreath still looks great.

I made a new mesh wreath using the same roll of jute used in the mesh wreath above. Click here to view another wreath with jute.

CHRISTMAS Trends 2019

Make sure to bring the outside in! Twigs, branches, wood slices, and evergreens should not be left out in the cold this Christmas! Cheap alt...