Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mesh Wreath How-To: Halloween

How to Make a Halloween Wreath 

This is my recipe for making a deco mesh wreath for halloween. This was made almost 3 years ago, and I have had it on my front door two times during halloween.


 

How to Make a Deco Mesh Wreath

Halloween Mesh Wreath

Ingredients needed for this mesh wreath recipe:
  •  21" roll or rolls of deco mesh in halloween colors 
  • Wire wreath form 
  •  Floral wire for attaching things to the form 
  • Scary Words like BOO! or EEK! (opt)
  • Halloween-ish items to stick in the wreath
  • Black and white spray paint is handy to have near.
  • Halloween garland and/ or ribbon
  • and everything and anything else that just might work its way into this wreath like curly ting from an old flower arrangement or old plastic Christmas balls.



This is just a list of things that I did. Everyone's halloween mesh wreath will differ depending on the items that were available for you to use in your recipe.  
 
1.I used a black wire wreath form with a roll of black and white mesh.
2.I also used the black mesh ribbon with a couple other regular ribbons. 
3.I had some words and bats in there that I had cut out of metal flashing, but I ended up taking them out.
4.I spray painted some ting ting and some other old Christmas tree picks with the black spray paint. 
5.Then I just threw in other things like ribbons, garland, and orange deco mesh scraps. 
6.I separated some purple glittery mesh wired ribbon to look like spider webs.
The purple mesh is kinda experimental. I've seen it done all over, but never knew how exactly it was done. I just cut the mesh in like3-4 inch strips and rolled them up. 
*Tip! Stock up at the "after season clearance sales" for the next year. Who knows, maybe you can turn Walmart mini Christmas tree ornaments into spooky eyeballs for a Halloween Deco Mesh Wreath like me.             

CHRISTMAS Trends 2019

Make sure to bring the outside in! Twigs, branches, wood slices, and evergreens should not be left out in the cold this Christmas! Cheap alt...