Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mesh Wreaths for Everyone

 Mesh Wreath Appeal: Reaching a Different Customer Base

 Tips for Making Mesh Wreaths that will Catch 'someone's' Eye


Peace Wreath
"Peace Wreath" by GooseyGOO
Ribbit Wreath by GooseyGoo
"Ribbit Wreath" by GooseyGOO
I was intentionally trying to clutter the one with the daisy and peace sign ribbons aka"peace wreath".
I didn't think I was going to have enough scraps to even finish the "ribbit wreath." They both sold quickly. Honestly, I wouldn't have spent money on the "ribbit wreath."



When making creative-type things, I always have to think about the folks that aren't into my big poofy mesh wreaths. I have to think of what it is they really like instead. I can almost count on there being folks who are frog fanatics to the point of buying an over-priced ugly wreath only because of the little frog. I've made a several wreaths that left me unhappy with the finished product, but those wreaths sold.

When only crafting with mesh within the wreath niche' it can seem like you have a small audience. For the people in the world not on the mesh train, you might have to lure them into your store by appealing to them in a non-wreathy way.  Learning how to craft your products to reach different types of customers with out having to make each customer his or her own wreath is gold.
The girl who bought the Peace Wreath actually has a VW van from Hippie-Times. I was able to catch her eye with the whole peace vibe.  The woman who bought the Ribbit Wreath told me she collected frogs.  I believe those two women would've never bought a wreath from me had the wreaths looked like my typical poofy mesh wreaths. I sold it by default; they bought it only because it spoke to them... croaked to them.
I'm not saying to go out and make up a whole bunch of weird-o-wreaths. If you just happen to have some scraps and you need a few more wreaths to list, try to incorporate something into the scrap wreath that could possibly sell the person on your wreath regardless if they wanted to buy a wreath today or not. Also,don't set the price to costly because that itself could be a reason why a customer would not be sold on  all this Meshy Business.

CHRISTMAS Trends 2019

Make sure to bring the outside in! Twigs, branches, wood slices, and evergreens should not be left out in the cold this Christmas! Cheap alt...