Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Decorating a Mesh Wreath

Choosing Deco Mesh and Decorations for Your Mesh Wreath

Deco Mesh comes in so many different colors and patterns that it can be difficult to decide on what Deco Mesh to choose. Usually I have an idea of what my mesh wreath should look like. If I have problems deciding what to stick in my wreath, I use these tips to help me to select the best mesh wreath ingredients.

  • Browse the ribbon aisle first. Sometimes you'll spot a spool of regular wired ribbon that has the colors that appeal to you. Use that ribbon as a color guide.  
  •  Use this picture of ribbon to the left, if you like the pink dots on the yellow ribbon, then grab the Yellow Work Wreath and opt for the Hot Pink 21" metallic pink deco mesh
  • Walk around finding things that match. Hold your ribbon up to anything that might match, and choose the best for placement in your mesh wreath. 
  • No need to clutter. Just a few yellow daisies placed evenly throughout this wreath will be enough.                                                             
  • If you find an item that's not the right color, then paint it to match.If you want to use something not pink or yellow, then whatever the item's color put more of that same color into your mesh wreath using other materials. You can even use a different color of mesh to tie into the wreath as shown in the picture below. I had a black butterfly that I wanted to use, but nothing in my wreath was black. I placed some black and white mesh on the wreath. Well, I stuck my butterfly on that crazy looking thing, and it sold the next morning.
butterfly mesh wreath at the flea market
Mesh Wreath with Black Butterfly



CHRISTMAS Trends 2019

Make sure to bring the outside in! Twigs, branches, wood slices, and evergreens should not be left out in the cold this Christmas! Cheap alt...